Data Management Analyst III
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
- Analyze and query multiple, complex databases and systems to produce reports and databases. Create and edit databases, spreadsheets and other forms of healthcare data.
- Work with other analysts to perform a variety of ad-hoc analysis and reports as requested.
- Work with business units across the organization to develop client reporting that supports meaningful and actionable analyses based in medical, pharmacy and behavioral health claims data as well as clinical program data.
- Analyzes raw data, draws conclusions and provides recommendations.
- Collect, compile and analyze data to measure and report on program performance.
- Creatively analyze and identify opportunities within the MMC data and be able to convey those findings to external customers as well as internal business partners.
- Recognize, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies and anomalies.
- Insure secure management of client data and compliance with company security policies.
- Actively cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with key technical and business stakeholders in order to collect and disseminate knowledge.
- Actively seeks and recommends improvement to the data update process and documentation.
- Perform checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data is accurate and complete.
COMMUNICATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Identify, develop and implement methods for improving reporting efficiency.
- Participate in software database quality assurance and testing.
- Collaborate with MMC administration to improve existing IT products, infrastructure, and data management
- Stay current on emerging technologies and evaluate applicability to UF MMC needs
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in subject areas related to MMC services.
- Assist the Director of IT & Systems Development to ensure MTMCCC staff members have adequate personal computing resources and communication tools
- Support MMC teaching, research, and publication initiatives as directed related to IT and data analyst needs
- Work with the Director of IT & Systems Development to coordinate activities of IT development project teams, monitor progress of project toward completion and ensure timely and satisfactory achievement of deliverables.
- Respond to requests for data by determining user needs, collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and providing accurate and complete reports.
- Provide data support – serve as a technical resource in resolving client issues related to database or other data issues.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL server, MySQL server, and Pentaho Data Integration to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data as part of software update cycles.
- Assist with MMC client and vendor relations as needed
- Conduct data team meetings to relay information to team members necessary for maintaining flow of MMC communication
- Participate in all required meetings
- Master all policies and procedures
- Contribute to the MMC quality improvement process
- Oversee assigned MMC IT development and analyst personnel, Supervise and manage direct reports
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts and programmers
- Review and approve hours worked, time-off, and vacation requests from direct reports
Apply for Data Management Analyst III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly