Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Are you looking for a way to jump start your career in education and management? Are you passionate about impacting the lives of youth and a staff team? The YMCA of Central Florida has the perfect opportunity that allows you to utilize your classroom skills, program development creativity and staff supervision abilities. Our YMCA Elementary Before and After School Program works collaboratively with local elementary schools to offer quality programs to over 3,500 students daily!
We have both Full-time and Part-time Program Coordinator job opportunities available.
Multiple locations throughout Orange County & nearby communities. *Note some locations require Florida Director Credentials
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Director, this individual will be responsible for the day to day operations at one of our 40 elementary school locations throughout Central Florida. S/he will develop and implement daily lesson plans; including values education, reading activities, health & wellness, team-building, arts and crafts, as well as science and hands on learning activities. S/he must ensure a high quality before and after school program that focuses on creating a warm and welcoming environment for students and parents. This individual will provide direction, rules and supervision of the program activities within the assigned Elementary School site.
The incumbent will assist the Program Director in the planning and implementation of innovative activities that are unique to the student’s needs and interests to build healthy lifestyles. S/he will provide supervision and direction to a staff team that includes onboarding, training and development, creating staff schedules, coaching and staff evaluations. The incumbent must have a high attention to detail and bookkeeping skills to ensure collection of payments are timely and accurately reported. This individual must have refined verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and engage with diverse populations, and all levels of management, staff, members, volunteers, and parents. A key emphasis for this individual is to support the retention of the Elementary School participation through excellent quality programming, maintaining the requirements of average daily attendance and providing outstanding customer service to all students and parents. S/he will be required to work flexible hours during program hours; including mornings and afternoons until 6 PM during week-days.
The YMCA of Central Florida is a leading non-profit organization, we impact lives in over 100 neighborhoods; across six counties. Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of Health Strategies, Youth Development and Community Collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
- AA/AS degree or equivalent in related field required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Florida Director Credential, preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in formal child care curriculum and programming, school age experience.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous reporting/accountability experience required.
- Child Care certification a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Central Florida YMCA provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options) Short Term and Long Term Disability provided at no cost for Full-time employees.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- Complimentary YMCA membership for employee, and discounts for household.
- Generous paid time off package for Full-time employees.
- Career advancement & professional development opportunities with one of the largest and innovative YMCA Associations in the Country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.