Tech Water Quality - Volcano Bay®
SUMMARY: Operate and maintain as assigned storm water and associated conveyance systems, wastewater, ride water systems, pool water treatment systems throughout Universal Orlando. The primary functions include routine monitoring, system inspections, preventive and emergency maintenance; apply aquatic pesticides, and safe application of water treatment chemicals as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate, maintain, clean and apply chemicals on ride, fountain and/or pool water treatment systems (e.g. pumps, motors, piping, filters, chlorinators, analytical instruments, process controllers, etc.) compute chemical dosage, and water flow rates.
- Water sampling, analysis, instrument calibration, and data interpretation.
- Implement the UO self-inspection and corrective action program.
- Implement and maintain storm water erosion, sedimentation control and/or storm water conveyance system to ensure proper flow. Interface with facilities department to ensure working order of grates, pipes, etc. Application of aquatic pest control as assigned.
- Administrative duties (e.g. log books, procedures, as-built drawings, safety training, work order utilization, record keeping, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned may include Safe boat operation in support of water system maintenance, oil/chemical release response, inspection of regulated waste areas
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Maintenance and inspection of equipment. Interface with other departments. Accurately complete computer based checklists. Communicate with Lead Technician and Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability…).
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED is required. Technical school is required.
- 5-7 years of technical and trade experience in either electrical controls, plumbing or mechanical fields in an industrial setting OR direct supervision of water-park maintenance operations OR direct supervision of water plant maintenance operations is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Ability to obtain as required for assigned tasks:
- Aquatic Facility Operator
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- FDEP SOP Sampling training for groundwater, surface water, and waste water.
- Aquatic Pesticide Applicators License
- HAZWOPER 24 hour training
- RCRA Training for handling hazardous materials
- FL Storm Water Erosion & Sediment Control-inspector certification
- Open Water Scuba Certification
- Operator licensing water and wastewater treatment (preferred)
Experience: 3 to 5 years' experience in maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing systems required. 1 to 3 years' experience in water treatment, aquatic facility operation, theme park water ride systems or storm water management required. Pump operation and maintenance experience required. Laboratory experience in water testing preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) Talking; Use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; Close vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions); Ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure).
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) Standing for prolonged periods; Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk); Balance; Reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head; Repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; Ability to work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting; Ability to smell.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Sitting for prolonged periods; Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; Climb Stairs / Ladders; Ability to work at heights for prolonged periods of time including heights with or without railings or over open pits greater than 4 feet; Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Reach, pull, push with hands and arms above head; Ability to work in an environment subject to vibrations; Lifting up to 50 pounds with control; Pushing up to 50 pounds with control; Ability to work in an environment with flashing lights including strobe lamps; Ability to maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours; Ability to work in small or tight spaces; Will be required to work in confined spaces i.e. Manholes or work pits.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold; Will require a valid Florida state driver's license; Will require the use of a motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business; Working on water attractions or yachts; Will require working with toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous chemicals, fluorescent lamps or batteries.
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) Noise Level-Loud Noise (Noise when raised conversation is needed).
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Ability to work in wet, humid conditions (non-weather); Will require working with cranes; Will require the use of an Extendable Boom Forklift (Lull); Will require the use of a Forklift (sit down); Will require working with fumes or airborne particles requiring the use of a respirator; Will require working with compressed gas cylinders or tanks; Will require working with paint/solvents; Will require working with oils/fuels; Will include exposure to Bodily Fluids (blood, vomit); Will require transporting fuels or compressed gases; Will include exposure to lasers, radiation equipment, and or electromagnetic forces; Will require performing maintenance or servicing of powerized (energized) equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical) LOTO.
(Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE