Program Specialist I - Social Work
- Full Time
Position Purpose: Conduct screening and risk assessment interventions per program guidelines. Assist with non medical aspects of the member’s care, including referrals to community resources.
- Identify special needs members through the completion of health screens and other resources
- Work with community outreach/member advocates to coordinate member care
- Educate providers and community resources on program components and available support services
- Educate members with special needs to foster compliance with program and positively impact outcomes
- Conduct site visits as appropriate for programs and provide support to other special programs
- Develop and modify care plans in conjunction with member, member’s family and managing physician
- Development of plan specific literature and education materials in conjunction with medical director and corporate oversight
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Nursing, Health, Behavioral Science or Equivalent Experience. 2+ years of experience managing and integrating the social/community needs of members. Experience in a managed care environment preferred.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license. RN (Registered Nurse), LCSW (Licensed Certified Social Worker), LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT), or LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.