- Full Time
Position Purpose: Perform all activities related to collections
- Verify insurance eligibility for services provided
- Verify insurance eligibility for all accounts with questionable status or billing addresses
- Perform price negotiations and discounts related to collections
- Identify patient resources pertaining to reimbursement
- Inform patients of financial responsibilities as stated by insurance company
- Review and audit accounts from aging reports for missing payments
- Collect reimbursement for billed and aged accounts
- Process daily correspondence to successfully appeal third-party carriers
- Document all pertinent communication with patient, physician, insurance company as it may relate to collection procedures
- Submit adjustments to account receivable register
- Correct errors, reimbursements for accounts, and resolve billing issues
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. 2+ years of medical billing or collections experience. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.