Blue Man Group - Theatre Usher
- Graphic Design / Art
Give your career a splash of color! Theatre Ushers at a Blue Man Group show don't just usher a show, they provide an experience. This unique theatrical production complete with GRAMMY-nominated live music, outrageous performances, and colorful paint is unlike anything else offered at Universal Orlando. Blue Man Group will take our guests on a multi-sensory journey to explore music, art, and their connections to the world around them, virtually or otherwise.
Theatre Ushers, Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Providing exemplary guest service and displaying themed culture during the following activities: Scanning tickets, seating guests, assisting guests with special access, and directing guests to theater doors, restrooms, or concessions.
- Ensuring the integrity of the performance including: eliminating distractions, scanning the theater for guest and performer safety, and rotating through different theater positions.
- Remaining alert and attentive while standing in certain positions for long periods of time throughout the show.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the theater, lobby, and restrooms before and after every performance as well as setting up certain elements of the show which will require lifting and carrying.
- Theater ushers are expected to work quickly as a team to clean and reset the theater between shows.
- Completing certain tasks in compliance with standards established by Blue Man Productions including: executing performance cues, holding guests from sitting at specific segments of the show, and escorting performers during post show “meet and greets.”
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Theatre Usher, Blue Man Group successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- 0 to 1 year theatre operations experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Theatre Usher, Blue Man Group job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (2/3 or more of time) required to stand, walk; frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time) required to talk or hear; occasionally (up to 1/3 of time) required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Theatre Usher, Blue Man Group job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) be exposed to wet, humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and vibrations.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is very loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE