Internship - Spring 2017 - Marketing & Sales Marquee Events
Expand your universe with Universal's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) department is responsible for both communication strategy and project integration. The IMC role is to understand the brand marketing/business strategy for Universal Orlando Resort products and services as recommended by internal client, e.g., Brand Management, and assist in the development of the strategic communication briefing documents to guide internal resources in the development of work product.
This role will support the IMC Events team with the development of the communications strategy for existing theme park marquee events including Halloween Horror Nights, Mardi Gras, Rock the Universe and other events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Management
- Routing materials to proper stakeholders
- Set up key meetings
- Prepare presentations
- Implement the communications strategy and tactics that create a seamless campaign among all communications avenues within the organization
- Responsible for the liaison between Universal Orlando and some of the entertainment supporting the event
- Perform similar duties for the Brand Experience IMC team of Blue Man Group and CityWalk
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 – May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Oriented
- Presentation Skills
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE