Internship - Spring 2017 - IT - DB Architect/Business Intelligence
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: An exciting role that exposes the intern to exciting cutting-edge Big Data and analytic technologies. Partnering with our key business partners, the intern will utilize these technologies to help build a data and analytics platform empowering the business to deliver solutions that increase our guest experiences, drive optimization while maximizing our company revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, application, and programming: reviewing objectives with clients: evaluating current systems
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system: defining database physical/logical structures, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specification
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Math, Statistics, CIS
- Background in Math, Statistics or Data
- Problem Solver
- Non Traditional Thinker
- Grasps and applies concepts quickly
- Able to see the possible in an impossible situation
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical/problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE