Internship - Spring 2017 - IT Analyst
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: This role will assist in deploying, testing, and documenting new projects in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, troubleshooting, setup, testing, and supporting new installations. May also need to research and assist in the design of solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with technical systems
- Design, run, and monitor tests on new and existing system for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Computer Science or Information Technology
- Required coursework completed: Computer Science or Information Technology
- Systems Analytics
- Client/Server Architecture
- Planning & Scheduling
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Orientation
- HTML5/CSS/Angular 1.0
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical/problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE