Internship - Spring 2017 - Attractions Operations
Expand your universe with Universal's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: This intern will be providing general support for the Attractions Operations Team with primary focus on administrative, Express redemption, scheduling, and project functions of the department. The purpose of this intern will be to assist the Back of House Team with the “behind the scenes” workings of the Attractions Department to ensure the front of house operation can be performed flawlessly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with budget tracking for the Attractions Department
- Analyzing Express reports and completing field audits based on report findings
- Review and complete supply requests as they come in from the field management team
- Learn and complete weekly schedules for the Attractions Department as needed
- Identifies scope of assigned Attractions projects and works with other departments to determine cost and feasibility
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 – May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Business
- Preferred coursework completed: Basic accounting/finance classes
- Full understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to: Word and PowerPoint
- Must possess advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in managing multiple budget lines
- Experience in analyzing reports
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE