Foods - Waitperson (Experience Required)
- Food / Beverage
Universal Orlando Waitpersons (Experience Required) execute the ultimate multi-tasking job around. In a matter of minutes you may be refilling beverages, delivering meals, answering questions, accommodating special requests, appropriately handling complaints, knowing when to incorporate assistance from a manager, and accepting cash or credit cards when guests are ready to cash out. If you are fast on your feet, quick thinking and can perform several tasks at once, this may be a great job for you!
Waitpersons (Experience Required) at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Ensuring that our guests receive prompt, friendly and personalized service.
- Ensures that orders are taken and placed accurately, checks on tables, provide condiments. replenish drinks and/or bread for all assigned server sections.
- Offering suggestions through knowledge of food and beverage items and ingredients.
- Answering questions and accommodating special requests.
- Handling complaints and/or soliciting management assistance as needed.
- Pre-buses tables, maintains area and server stations, organize and clean service stands and complete side work.
- Ensuring adherence to Florida State Liquor Statutes.
- Removing dishes and glasses from the table.
- Following established cash handling procedures.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Waitperson (Experience Required) successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, server skills, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One or more years serving experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individuals must be eighteen years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Waitperson (Experience Required) job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to talk or hear; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Waitperson (Experience Required) job.
- The work environment is generally routine with established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of work unit is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; and outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
01/06THIf you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE