Internship - Spring 2017 - Diversity & Inclusion
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The Diversity & Inclusion internship will expose the student to the following: manage, maintain and update a database: positively impact and enhance our existing internal and external communications plan to include but not limited to SharePoint, virtual, and print. Experience the opportunity to create, design and maintain branding elements (printed collateral) and assist in standardizing D&I content through a variety of delivery methods.
Support TMRG activities, events, planning and tracking. Metrics analysis, communication and outreach. Climate survey action planning, language competency research and program implementation. Diverse Candidate pipeline and external resume database. Diverse candidate data mining.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the various functions like managing an HRIS D&I database.
- Perform some benchmark research and participate in the management of 7 employee resource groups.
- External diverse talent pipeline development.
- Contribute to our corporate communications strategies and portfolio including; photo libraries, internal advertising flyers, D&I newsletter, and SharePoint.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Will require valid FL drivers license
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Graphic Design, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Sociology, Organizational Leadership, OD, International Studies, Communications, Political Science
- Preferred coursework completed: Graphic Design, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Sociology, Organizational Leadership, OD, International Studies, Communications, Political Science
- Must have experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and SharePoint.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE