- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
This position is with the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista resort, managed by Aimbridge Hospitality which currently has 450+ hotels in its portfolio. Our restuarant, ZEST, continually receives accolades from our guest for the quality and taste of our offerings.
The Restaurant Chef assists the Executive Chef with the efficient operation of food production areas. In conjunction with The Executive Chef is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items, based on standardized recipes while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel kitchen or a related area, or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience or a Culinary Degree with 1 to 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related
- Kitchen supervisory experience required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including mostly PM shifts and weekends/holidays
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Fulfill all supervisory duties of the hotel’s kitchens.
- Ensure that all kitchen personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
- Create menus and food presentation.
- Address and resolve all customer problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform spot checks for menu accuracy and taste.
- Minimize spoilage, waste and over production.
- Regularly review house counts, forecasts and VIP lists.
- Other duties as assigned by management
(the above is just a snapshot of expected tasks and duties of the restaurant chef position and is not a complete job description)
Compensation: Based on Experience
Apply for Restaurant Chef
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly