Seminole State College of Florida is currently seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our team of talented professionals. The Senior Systems Administrator serves as a member of the Network and Telecommunications team collectively responsible for the installation, maintenance and overall technical administration of College server systems. Ensures the 24/7 availability, integrity, security and reliability of servers and systems.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Three (3) years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment.
3. Experience with VMware and other virtualization technologies.
4. Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, HCP and New Technology File System permissions and Security Group Management.
5. Working knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, PHP, Remote Authentication Dial In User Service and analytical skills in an enterprise environment.
1. Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Experience working in higher education.
3. Experience with Microsoft Server and Application technologies including but not limited to; Exchange, Office 365, SQ and Unified Messaging.
4. Experience designing and automating processes using scripting and other programming languages.
Please visit our website at www.seminolestate.edu/hr/employment to complete and submit an application online.
To ensure full consideration please submit all of the following documents prior to the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.