Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for an administrative specialist for our Criminal Justice Program to perform a broad range of advanced and complex secretarial duties for a director, manager, or person with similar responsibilities. The specialist exercises considerable judgment and discretion and assists students with program and college procedures.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
- Graduation from and accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a professional office setting performing secretarial/administrative functions.
- Associate degree in Office Systems Technology or similar curriculum from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working in an administrative support capacity in a post-secondary institution.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.