Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Share your talents. Be a role model. Make a difference in a child’s life today! At the YMCA of Central Florida you have the opportunity to do just that! Not to be mistaken as a babysitting job, this a unique opportunity within the Y to impact the lives of children in Central Florida. Our child development staff have the rewarding job of working with children about values, helping them learn to read and keeping them active and healthy through daily fitness activities.
The Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center located in Ocala, Florida is seeking experienced child development staff that are energetic and passionate about working with infants; up to six years old as Co-Teachers / Youth Group Leaders.
We are open 7 days a week, and shifts may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Co-Teachers will assist in the planning and implementing of activities that fit the children’s needs and interests! Preferring Availability includes: Evenings, Weekends and some holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have at least two years of child care experience
- Must possess or be willing to obtain current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- Must be able to work a flexible part-time schedule based on operation needs
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 50 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Note * Applicants must be able to successfully pass drug screening, background and reference checking.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.