Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
YMCA MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Co-Teachers / Group Leaders
The YMCA of Central Florida currently operates after school programs in Brevard, Osceola, Lake, and Orange Counties. This is a unique program where YMCA staff work on-site at one of our Middle School locations. Our programs offer fun, educational, and athletic clubs that provide enrichment beyond our students’ school day, while also emphasizing values such as caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith. Our goals are to raise graduation rates, increase school attendance, reduce juvenile crime, and close the academic achievement gap.
Individuals should have flexible availability during programs hours (Monday - Friday) Programs will run each day after school until 5:30 / 6:00 pm (Times will vary by site). Wednesday availability is required.
Currently, we have immediate openings for After School Co-Teachers / Club Leaders at the following OSCEOLA COUNTY middle school locations:
- Horizon Middle 2020 Ham Brown Road Kissimmee, Fl 34746
- Neptune Middle 2727 Neptune Road Kissimmee, Fl 34743
- Provide safe/healthy environment for all students. Use proper supervisory techniques.
- Plan and deliver unique club/program offerings and submit plans/supplies list to supervisor.
- Marketing of clubs for student recruitment and retention.
- Assist with daily maintenance, cleaning, and organization.
- Follow all required procedures, including YMCA guidelines for student sign-in/out procedures.
- Minimum of 3 days per week availability in after school, highly preferred.
- Reliable to fulfill all scheduled shifts.
- Make our program FUN!
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Flexible availability in the afternoon/early evening during the school week, Including availability to work Wednesdays from 1:30 pm - 6:15 pm, preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree in education or related field preferred.
- Completed or current post-secondary courses related to education, non-profit, or youth services preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with students and parents.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- CPR/First Aid Certification Required (The YMCA of Central Florida offers training if you are not currently certified).
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee, and discounts for household.
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities with one the largest YMCAs in the nation!
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.