Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
WELLNESS COACH / PERSONAL TRAINER
At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. The South Orlando YMCA Family Center located in Orlando is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Wellness Coach / Personal Trainer.
This individual will provide our members with access to personalized Y health and prevention programs, such as our Y Diabetes Prevention Program. The incumbent must have proven experience and expertise in lifestyle management strategies. S/he will cultivate member relationships by providing a high level customer service experience, and improve retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will also provide clients with motivation and goals through feedback and assessments that support their personal objectives. This individual will be required to work wellness floor hours, assisting on the floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift. S/he should be able to work part-time hours with flexible availability based on business needs; that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of professional wellness, or personal training experience required.
- Current Personal Training certification through ACSM, NSCA, NASM, or ACE required.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting.and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability