Field Support Technician
Summit Broadband Inc. is a fiber-based broadband provider delivering a connection that is up to 100 times faster than today's average broadband speeds with crystal clear high definition TV and quality phone service. Summit Broadband delivers the best in telecommunications services in Central and Southwest Florida with a growing team of 250 professionals. This growing, dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Field Support Technician to join our team and grow with us.
Job Title: Field Support Technician
Report to: Field Support Center Supervisor
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The FSC Technician will be responsible for providing key support to customer-facing field personnel.
This position is responsible for providing communications and support for field services and problem solving between the company and assigned customers. A tremendous emphasis is placed on follow through and a positive, up-beat attitude. Your ability to work effectively under pressure is a must. As a FSC technician you will help ensure each customer's satisfaction by directing the workflow of and providing support to our field technicians. You will also call customers directly to provide appointment details and other pertinent scheduling information and help assist.
- Answer phone and receive requests for service and installation, primarily from internal personnel or directly from contractors.
- Daily interaction and communication via phone or e-mail with technical staff to communicate the need for service or installation changes.
- Call customer to confirm scheduling of work and post visit quality calls.
- Track progress and check work status of field technicians to ensure the timely servicing of customer orders.
- Monitor HEAT tickets and work to resolve customer issue.
- Daily follow through on work orders and verification of closed status within 24hrs.
- Schedule, route, and assign work to technicians.
- Contractor support, daily communication and tracking of assigned work orders through completion.
- Research and resolve customer problems and needs.
- Daily interaction with NOC and Customer Care to identify service outages.
- Analyzes customer problems and prepare reports and problem logs as requested.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products and services from a technical standpoint.
- Direct technicians to job sites.
- Provide support through inbound calls from technicians related to troubleshooting, sales and basic changes required on work orders.
- Responsible for providing basic support of all scheduled work orders in the field to increase efficiency and meet work order fulfillment.
- Responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting both hardware and software issues for various telephone, internet and Cable TV via phone, email, and/or instant messaging
- Answer calls in customer service and technical support queue as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information.
- Practice organization and time management skills including prioritizing work and requesting additional work when appropriate.
- Ensure workstation is maintained in a clean and professional matter
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years technical support/help desk experience with a minimum of two years in the Telecommunications/Cable TV Industry
- Advanced proficiency in Windows and Macintosh operating systems, internet/IP, web browsers, e-mail and other PC operating and connectivity technologies
- Knowledge of dispatch functions and tools as needed to assist technician in the field
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Minimum three years’ experience using CRM scheduling software
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Degree in related field preferred
- At least 18 years of age
- Strong proficiencies in computers with an emphasis on Internet connectivity and networking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of how to use a phone in an ACD environment
- Typing and grammar proficiency
- Function as a team lead in peer relationships
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have a clean MVR and be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Working knowledge of Arris VOD Manager, Promptlink, Adtran ONT Manager (AOE). Metaswitch, CNR, CMTS and Solarwinds.
Summit Broadband Inc. is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace
Apply for Field Support Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly