Desktop Support Technician
Pay Level: Negotiable
Looking a passionate person who balances customer service skills with technical competency to assistant internal staff or external customers with technology issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
- Repairs, replaces, installs or assists in installation of hardware and peripheral components.
- Install specific software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnosis system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Provides basic instruction to users in use of hardware and software.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and area technology analysts, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Meets with users to determine needs, researches needed equipment or upgrades and places orders for equipment.
- Adds, deletes and changes user access groups ensuring users have needed and appropriate access.
- Document, respond and resolve staff technology problems over phone including software, hardware and network problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of all related technology services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic electronics and wiring
- Principles of computer technology
- Technical aspects and advances in computer technology.
- Basic principles and techniques of network administration
- Operating systems
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Computer hardware, software, network components, and computer peripheral equipment
- Computer troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Provide technical assistance to users.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer technology to specific user needs and problems.
- Perform basic network administration duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Meet time schedules and deadlines and plan and organize work.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Serve customers enthusiastically.
- Travel when required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and over three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ or MCP (MCTP) required
- Apple Certifications and Apple Hardware preferred