Manager, Park-Wide Systems
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of Park Wide and software systems for large multi-faceted theme park development under contract with vendor(s). Provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative core teams during all aspects of the progress of work.
- Produces system scope of work and manages progress from design through installation. Supervises installation, test and adjustment of Park Wide systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications to include: network equipment, telephony, POS equipment, card key access control systems and equipment, central control and security facility and systems, CCTV systems, cash control systems, building management systems, RF allocation and management, weather station, ticketing systems, and area development audio systems.
- Reviews designs and documentation from contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, specifications, FCC, NEC, and local building codes. Leads design and production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Oversees contractors mock-up, prototype, and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting operational intent and employing Universal Specifications.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system Park Wide systems specifications.
SCOPE: Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands. Non-routine, general policies applied for frequently changing situations. Influences decisions of major nature. Degree of tact and diplomacy to obtain favorable decision or maintain good will.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations commensurate with Baccalaureate training in Electrical, electronic and/or Software engineering.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex series of tasks and vendor(s) to develop and implement Park Wide systems and Software. Strengths in schedule analysis and management, contract management, and electrical contracting management preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required. Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Electrical, Electronic, and / or Software Engineering. Masters degree in Electrical, Electronic, and / or Software Engineering.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Low Voltage electrical license preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 15 Years Experience in the design, specification, implementation, testing, and commissioning of commercial and industrial building management, security, communication, cash processing, and data control systems required. Theme park audio, security, and building management systems experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE