Coordinator, Technical - (Universal Creative)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Technical Coordinators are primarily responsible for preparing and managing all overall ride/show engineering project correspondence as well as the overall administrative/document controls and clerical functions that are critical to the development of large multi-faceted themed attractions and ensuring these are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. This includes the oversight of all the related project development, facility and construction functions, including accurate and timely entry of ride/show action items and/or processes; Vault construction daily reports, project meeting minutes, project scope records; and tracking systems for ride show engineering project team.
- Initiates and manages various action items or processes. This includes, but is not limited to Document Controls, A&E, General Contractor, and any tier Sub Contractor Meeting Minutes, Request for Information (RFIs), Notices, Transmittals, Correspondence, Spreadsheets, Draft Contracts / Agreements, NoteVault Construction Daily Reports and Close Out Documentation based on established policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with other department coordinators as required to ensure full information integration within the entire project team and reviews all project status data as received from the Responsible Individuals (RIs) in order to report status updates to Project Management on an on-going basis. Data is critical to monthly senior management reporting.
- Partners with the Legal Department to communicate with contractors/vendors as needed by providing project updates, scope revisions and schedule changes to ensure contractors/vendors remain informed on project status at all times.
- Partners with Finance to ensure accurate commitment of project expenditures and to administer invoices and payments according to contractual obligations and ensures timely and accurate processing.
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve the efficiency/accuracy of the project documentation process which is critical to maintenance of overall project schedule.
- Prepares overall project correspondence. Assists with the implementation and compliance of established project documentation policies and procedures.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering/Technical related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management / construction / engineering / technical theater related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software required and Prolog management system preferred.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, with ability to interface with various departments of the company, as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to orchestrate and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct.
- Proven ability to work independently with little to no direction and maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE