Sr. Analyst, Cost
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in the financial analysis and make recommendations for various divisions and business units. Develop and maintain detailed financial reports and work with management to develop annual budgets.
- Prepare worksheets and analyze a range of accounts to verify accuracy, identify business trends or problem areas.
- Complete month-end close duties, including report review and account reconciliations
- Assist with applicable ad-hoc projects and requests
- Develop annual operating budgets by working closely with division Operating Manager and Cost Control Manager.
- Perform detailed reviews/analysis on budget submissions by comparing costs drivers to business conditions.
- Perform in depth analytical analysis on division performance metrics such as trend analysis, results vs. cost drivers
- Conclude on findings and makes insightful recommendations to management.
- Prepare cost estimates for special projects
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associates degree (AA) is required. Bachelors degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 0-1 Years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to Communicate Clearly
- Organization Skills
- Ability to Meet Deadlines
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Accounting Research, Knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Analytical Thinking, Planning and Scheduling and Solution Development
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Infrequent local travel. Long distance travel not required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE