Business Assistant, Part-time
YMCA Safe Start Programs
The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking an experienced and organized Business Assistant to support our YMCA signature Safe Start aquatics programs. Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director or Safe Start Coordinator, this individual will be responsible for handling all inquiries for Safe Start lessons and registering students into the program, as well as collecting all information needed for enrollment, clearances and billing. Applicants should be motivated to expand the program and be able to work cooperatively with others in order to build a strong Safe Start team. This individual must be detailed orientated, with the ability to communicate professionally and clearly over the phone. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are also very important. S/he must strive to meet or exceed goals, deliver a high value experience, represent our YMCA values, and cultivate relationships. This individual must be able to work a flexible schedule during peak times of business.
- Answer inquiries via phone and email regarding the program (heavy volume)
- Maintain data integrity
- Follow HIPAA regulations
- Complete follow up calls to participant to insure all protocols are in place
- Compile “graduation” packets for students/parents
- File student records
- Process registration fees
- Process program fees
- Oracle data entry
To be successful you must meet some education, training and experience requirements and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and physical abilities.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in general office duties with high phone inquiry volume
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Microsoft office proficiency required, especially Excel
- Spanish speaking a plus
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting.and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and discounted household rate.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.