The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking an entry-level, Part-time Junior Graphic Designer to join our in-house creative/marketing team at our Association/Corporate Office located in Downtown Orlando, Florida. *Please note, this is not a remote position.
This individual will work within brand guidelines to create a variety of compelling marketing collateral for both print and digital applications that reinforce Y values within the organization and community. Qualified candidates must possess strong creativity, page layout, time management and communication skills and demonstrate an understanding of both print and digital standards. Must be able to design or update printed pieces, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, signage, direct mail, t-shirts and other promotional materials. Additionally they must be able to design digital graphics for websites and landing pages, blogs, emails, banners, digital ads and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and quick-learner with the ability to work independently or with a team. They have a combination of related education, technical skills, and hands-on experience from a previous internship in digital or graphic design, and/or up to three years of professional in-house print and digital experience. S/he should have familiarity with digital advertising standards (Facebook and Google). Must be able to manage multiple projects and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
The Y works in conjunction with our community members to ensure everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Be part of something BIGGER and explore your unlimited potential with a career at the Y!
- BFA in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or similar field, 1-3 years of experience as graphic designer in marketing communications or advertising department, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Understanding of both print and digital standards required.
- Portfolio featuring examples of graphic design work demonstrating creativity, visual communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign (Mac & PC Platforms)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Publisher, Word and Excel)
- Understanding of design for various social media platforms.
- Willingness to work a flexible part-time schedule based on business needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. Ability to interact with all levels of staff; including senior leadership and key stakeholders within a corporate / professional office environment.
- Non-profit experience, a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, a plus
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service and hours eligibility with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounted household rate.
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and fastest growing YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
**Interested applicants should include a portfolio web link in their resume or cover letter details**