Utilities HVAC Technician (Refrigeration Experience Preferred)
Universal Orlando Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether youre serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you wont just be doing a job. Youll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Seeking qualified HVAC technicians to perform advanced tasks in the troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation of refrigeration, heating, air conditioning and ventilation and related systems and controls. Support and perform operations including operational interface, schedule changes, troubleshooting and repair of building automations systems site wide.
- Assists with preventative maintenance on HVAC/Refrigeration systems as required site wide.
- Responds to quick calls and service as needed chilled water air handlers, walk-in coolers/freezers, exhaust/supply hood systems, direct expansion air conditioning and air driers. Assist EMCS/ECS technicians and communicate to customers as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance trouble shooting and repairs on air driers, direct expansion air conditioning, walk-in coolers and freezers, exhaust/supply fans, variable air box, electric heat, heating boilers, chilled water valves, fly fans, and drinking fountains.
- Perform preventative maintenance, clean and replace supply and return air vents, maintain insulation repairs on ducts and chilled water lines.
- Assist expediter by providing proper documents for ordering parts as needed for equipment
- Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs or replaces all mechanical components in walk in freezers, coolers, rack systems and associated controls and accessories site wide.
- Interfaces, communicates and oversees with third party contractors/vendors with infrastructure repairs, upgrades, repair or replacement of HVAC/R equipment, underground mechanical utilities as required by management site wide.
SCOPE: Responsible for maintaining HVAC-Refrigeration equipment for all venues and building resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
*3-5 Years: Required experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to utilities repair.
*3-5 Years: Preferred experience in theme park industry
*Refrigeration experience strongly preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
*Valid Florida Drivers License
*Master or Journeyman License strongly preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE