Engineer, Universal Creative - Advanced Technology
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of show and / or ride systems for a large multi-faceted theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s). Provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative core teams during all aspects of the progress of work.
- Manages installation, test and adjustment of show and ride systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Oversees contractors mock-up, prototype, and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent and employing Universal Specifications.
- Produces scopes of work and manage their progress from design through installation.
- Reviews designs and documentation from contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
- Leads design and production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system specifications.
SCOPE: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of show and / or ride systems for a large multi-faceted theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s).
- Analytical Thinking, IBM PC Hardware, IBM PC Software, Microsoft Office, Programming, Project Management, Communicate Clearly w/ Team, Conceptual Thinking, Conduct presentations, Creativity, Current on industry trends, Flexibility, Negotiate, Organization skills, Research, Writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Other, explain: Ability to perform engineering calculations commensurate with Baccalaureate training in Mechanical engineering.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Preferred: theme park ride and/or show systems experience, general experience with Allen-Bradley or equivalent PLC hardware and software systems, and experience with fail-safe systems.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex series of tasks and vendor(s) to develop and implement show and ride control systems.
- Strengths in schedule analysis and management, contract management, and electrical contracting management are preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required from a four year college or university in Mechanical Engineering. Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Required: Experience in the design, specification, implementation, testing, and commissioning of industrial systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE