Sales Manager, Business Development Manager (Dallas/Houston, TX based)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing all assigned sales accounts and soliciting efforts for specific sales and marketing areas.
- Develop a comprehensive sales plan to include strategy for attaining established monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas relative to revenue and attendance.
- Develop specific sales objectives and business plans with all designated accounts, to include marketing and sales strategies.
- Measure, develop and analyze trends in the marketplace.
- Accurately report competitive information along with changes in the marketplace.
- Analyze business practices and business models using Universal Orlando Resort tools and resources.
- Proficiently communicate information on all Universal Orlando Resort products and services.
- Develop and provide training and sales tools in conjunction with the Marketing Dept. to support the needs of internal/external internal/external clients.
- Participate in appropriate trade shows, vendor seminars and industry events, as required. Aggressive travel schedule.
- Work within and manage established budgets, including marketing and T&E budgets
- Promote Universal Orlando Resort to prospective clients by conducting trainings of the destination. Maintains contact with active accounts and promote repeat business. Follows up with past accounts for future leads and works to obtain new business opportunities to grow the sales channel.
- Document and maintains accurate records of each account and their activity via CRM systems.
- Attend meetings, trainings and events to keep abreast of the industry. Maintain current knowledge on all UO programs, including activities in parks, hotels and to be a useful resource for clients.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent industry experience required.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years sales experience in the industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE