Cost Manager, Finance (Operational Non-Revenue)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Perform financial analysis, reporting and budgeting for a specific operational area through a range of applications including journal entries, report writing and review, variance commentary and partnership with operators.
- Oversee completion of all month-end duties.
- Process all invoices, complete necessary journal entries, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide direction and delegate duties to team members, ensuring work is accurate and timely.
- Complete and/or audit financial reports that summarize divisional financial comparisons in the areas of labor, non-labor, per cap, revenue and variable operating profit (VOP).
- Guide the operating division management in the development of annual operating budgets and quarterly latest estimates (LEs). Evaluate all costs incurred throughout the year, looking for ways to reduce cost and find efficiencies.
- Maintain an active relationship with Operating division. Prepare and present weekly variance reports with Operators. Analyze performance metrics and identify areas to improve. Recommend solutions to manage within budgets.
- Prepare and coordinate special project/event budgets. Make recommendations regarding operational decisions relative to those projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: Microsoft Office, Ability to Communicate Clearly, Organization Skills, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Forecasting, Budgeting, Analytical Thinking, Planning and Scheduling, Accounting Research, Knowledge of Accounting Principles, Staff Supervision, Decision Making Skills, Solution Development, Financial Planning, Financial/Business Analysis, Advanced Excel (Formulas, Charts), SAP/BPC, Proficient in Math and Statistics, Presentation, Speaking at Executive Level, Cost Accounting, Project Management, Current on Industry Trends.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associates degree (AA) is required. Bachelors degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years, 1-3 years Supervisory preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Infrequent local travel. Long distance travel not required.Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE