Food Services Specialist
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether youre bringing the worlds premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: The Food Services Specialist is responsible for content design and programming for all Digital Menuboards. Working with 3rd party vendors on Print Menuboards and billing, inventory, and management of equipment. The Food Specialist also manages inventory to insure product available to the parks and is responsible for maintaining inventory levels on assigned commodity buying areas at various business volumes while maintaining necessary turns and minimizing spoilage of perishable products.
- Manages inventory to insure product available to the parks. Responsible for maintaining inventory levels on assigned commodity buying areas at various business volumes while maintaining necessary turns and minimizing spoilage of perishable products. Responsible for achieving 100% service level to all food service venues.
- Manages cost of goods to provide the best product at the best price. Responsible for competitive bidding process for assigned commodities and negotiation of pricing.
- Researches new and similar items for the parks. Selects vendors/suppliers and negotiates prices and or/purchase contracts.
- Communicates with Shared Services management and Park Foods management on business needs and projects.
- Responsible for completing all necessary paperwork and reports assigned. Including written price lists or quotations, insure accurate product pricing in Eatec to insure accurate payment to vendors, resolve all price discrepancies within 48 hours, daily short report for their commodities.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Purchases Food Service products at varying business volumes.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years in buying experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE