Representative, Public Relations
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Supports all PR department initiatives including media relations and outreach, yearly planning, event planning, tactic execution and reporting. The PR Rep will work with department management to oversee strategic initiatives and develop plans and tactics to support Universal Orlando Resorts major initiatives including new products, annual events, destination coverage and ongoing media outreach. The PR Rep will ensure all efforts integrate with Universal Orlandos PRs goals, objectives and specific tactics to achieve consistent messaging. Will liaise with internal partners and audiences across the organization in order to keep internal stakeholders up-to-speed on media efforts when appropriate.
- Develops and oversees plans and tactics to reach key strategic audiences as implemented by PR management. Supports the development and implementation of yearly publicity plans and tactics. Monitors and tracks all initiatives and tactics implemented by organization and reports coverage/tactical feedback. Will ensure all efforts integrate with UOR PRs goals, objectives and specific tactics to achieve consistent messaging. Develops and implements sustaining PR plans on behalf of department.
- Assists in identifying and building relationships with new and key media audiences to secure coverage for Universal Orlando.
- Participates in planning, logistics and implementation of UOs PR efforts. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and to achieve results.
SCOPE: The PR Representative is responsible for planning and leading the implementation of PR plans/initiatives for Universal Orlandos new products, annual events, and other special projects to help garner coverage about the destination in key media outlets and segments. The representative will also be responsible for developing media materials including press releases, talking points, b-roll packages, pitch points, etc. and building relationships with key media. The representative will also be responsible for tracking budget spending against individual tactics to ensure that projects are delivered on time and at or under budget.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years of relevant public relations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Track record of innovation and creative thinking; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Proven creative strategy/content skills
- Basic knowledge of video and photo production and logistics
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at any given time
- Experience with pitching and securing media coverage
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must be vigilant in understanding market trends, travel planning periods, travel barriers and ongoing current issues that may impact overall strategy. Will assist in identifying new media audiences and innovative ways to communicate with these audiences (i.e. bloggers, influencers, etc). Ability to work irregular hours including extended days, early morning, late night and weekends. Ability to balance multiple tasks and deadlines, both internal and external. Highly developed communication skills with excellent guest/client relations. Strong need for tact and discretion with confidential information.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE