Accountant, Finance-UPR International
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Accountant of Finance for UPR International is responsible to perform a variety of accounting functions for Universal Parks and Resorts with a focus on Global Mobility. Responsibilities include the accounting, allocation, reporting, and record keeping for international assignments, payroll and talent movement for Universal Parks & Resorts. This includes financial analysis, forecasting & tracking, reporting, variance commentary, and managing partnerships with various departments including Human Resources Global Mobility and international businesses and projects.
- Record and report finance activities related to individual expatriate assignments, including allocation methodologies related to fixed and variable components. Create cost tracking methods and ensures accurate records are kept and easily accessible.
- Assist with accounting and controllership processes including project allocations, journal entries, invoice handling, review of internal reports and maintaining adequate internal controls.
- Partner with operational departments and the Human Resources Global Mobility team to produce accurate cost projections for assignees. Develop annual budget, cash flow forecasts, and other estimates.
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly actuals to budget variance commentary process, identify and perform analysis on key cost trends, and report to the various stakeholders.
- Coordinates host and home country tax reporting and compliance with tax provider. Reviews tax equalizations and coordinates and tracks settlements.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts in accordance to NBCU account reconciliation requirements.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to Communicate Clearly
- Organization Skills
- Ability to Meet Deadlines
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Accounting Research, Knowledge of Accounting Principles, Cost Accounting
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Scheduling and Project Management
- Staff Supervision
- Decision Making Skills
- Solution Development
- Financial Planning and Financial/Business Analysis
- Advanced Excel (Formulas, Charts)
- Proficient in Math and Statistics
- Speaking at Executive Level
- Current on Industry Trends
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: 1-5 years accounting or business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE