Food and Beverage - Team Captain
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether youre bringing the worlds premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for revenue generation in restaurant locations, overseeing stock inventory, leading and training Team Members, ensuring guest service standards are met and operational readiness of indoor and open-air locations throughout Universal Orlando property and other company owned or leased venues.
- Assists management with the consistent execution of guest service and operational standards. Performs all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of locations to include but not limited to inventory, issuing starting banks, providing change, performing audits and completing the end of day process.
- Manages and maintains all facets of daily operation of the location. Assigns tasks and monitors performance of Team Members to ensure policies and procedures of the department are followed. Ensures that Team Members are wardrobe compliant. Ensures established safety practices and quality standards are maintained. Responsible for maintaining and inspecting show quality standards as set by the company.
- Trains and coaches Team Members, explains performance and behavioral expectations, and provides feedback and recognition. Conducts shift meetings and provides daily sales goals in support of the revenue plan. Reports behavior requiring discipline and documentation to the management team.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED required.
- 1-3 Years: cash handling, foods service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Leadership experience preferred.
Positions in Food & Beverage Management require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 25 and 50 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions)
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Working in extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather)
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE