Analyst, Reporting - Consumer Insights
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Consumer Insights team at the Universal Orlando Resort conducts research among guests and future visitors to learn about them and their experience, using survey research as well as other approaches. The Reporting Analyst with the Systems Team within Consumer Insights provides insight for leaders across the resort by creating, modifying, and producing ongoing report templates, dashboards, and other data visualizations. Core to this function is their involvement in producing reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) to keep resort leaders informed on the performance of their teams and the business. The CI Reporting Analyst also works with research analysts and other colleagues to take survey data points and tell a story with them, understanding their vision in order to make it a reality. To be successful in this position, candidates should have experience in both creating and implementing changes to ongoing reports, along with an affinity for design and displaying information. As these reports will be used regularly to inform key decisions within Universal Parks and Resorts, candidates should have a strong desire to display information that is fully validated, easy to understand, and delivered on time. This is a salaried position.
- Produces and validates ongoing reports generated from Tableau report templates on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Modifies existing ongoing report templates and dashboards built in the Tableau reporting platform.
- Collaborates with colleagues to create new ongoing report templates, dashboards, and other visualizations from collected survey data in the Tableau reporting platform (or other tools).
- Works on self-directed special projects to enhance professional abilities, department initiatives, or efficiencies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to colleagues on data visualization options, including industry trends, and best practices.
- Maintains familiarity on all systems and processes utilized by the CI Systems team.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Given the importance of the Consumer Insights technical infrastructure as it relates to the divisions ability to deliver key data to senior leadership, this position will need to influence decisions of important nature requiring high degree of tact.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of exemplary performance as a CI Associate Reporting Analyst, or equivalent experience in report and dashboard creation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the Tableau reporting platform.
- Solid understanding and experience creating database-driven report templates and dashboards, as well as modifying existing report templates and dashboards.
- Willingness to produce reports on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis containing primary research, ultimately utilized by leaders at all levels within Universal Parks and Resorts.
- Desire to take proactive ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of reported data.
- Desire to work with colleagues to design the most effective data visualizations in reports and dashboards that identify trends and unlock key insights.
- Technical and quantitative reasoning skills with a desire to understand survey questionnaires, research methodologies, and the purpose of the research.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Familiarity with databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) will help in this position.
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as significance testing, weighting, Z-Test, etc. will help in this position.
- Familiarity with survey data variable types and nuances will help in this position.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics survey software platform will help in this position.
- Familiarity with SPSS or similar analytical software will help in this position.
- Familiarity with Alteryx data transformation software will help in this position.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE