Assistant Manager, Guest Services, Digital Communications
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages and provides direction to Guest Services supervisors within the Entrance Operations department. Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of a specific park, ensuring efficient operation the Guest Services area (including VIP Experience), the appropriate deployment of staff, manage labor budgets, meeting sales and per cap goals, and partnering with departments inside and outside Park and Resort Operations. Uses analytical skills to ensure that assigned areas are meeting departmental standards for guest & team member satisfaction, and financial goals while maintaining the highest safety standards.
- Accountable for all facets of the Guest Services and VIP Experience including: Guest service, window and lobby capacity, training, budgeting, and developing strategic operating plans for peak and non-peak seasons and special events. Builds internal relationships within UO to ensure our employees are exceeding expectations. Partners with various departments such as Staffing, Facilities, Attractions Operations, Event Management, Event Operations, IT, and Sales & Marketing etc. to ensure departmental goals are met. Responsible for guest safety by reviewing trends and/or incidents. Proactively drives revisions/improvements to operating procedures and documents. Ensures proper safety compliance and training for all hourly and exempt reports.
- Plans for and ensures that all personnel, facilities and materials are in complete readiness for operation. Develops labor and non-labor budgets, project labor needs and manages inventory. Works with Guest Services Supervisor to manage the daily budget by ensuring appropriate staffing utilization, par staffing levels and appropriate manpower, running an efficient operation. Observes, critiques, and adjusts the daily functions of both departmental personnel and standard operating procedures to provide quality guest service.
- Responsible for the development of Guest Services Supervisors, including training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensures Supervisor is driving GSAT & TSAT initiatives to increase guest & team member satisfaction. Along with venue Supervisor, responsible for developing, coaching and counseling Guest Services Senior Coordinators and Coordinators and ensures employees receive proper training and development.
- Responsible for providing duty manager coverage for Entrance Operations and Guest Services in one or both parks. Duties include responding to ticketing, group sales and equipment issues, and guest service complaints, guest injuries and ride evacuations. Also responsible for making the proper notifications including Sr. Leadership
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This individual will be responsible for the operation of the Guest Services department at Universal Orlando, and will be scheduled to open and close Entrance duty manager 2-3 days per week. This individual will manage up to a $1MM labor and non-labor budget.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associates degree (AA) is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3 5 years of supervisory experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE