Sr. Recruiter (Exempt Operations)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Aligns business unit recruiting needs/goals with company-wide human resources mission. Develops and implements recruiting processes tailored to each business unit that will attract and retain high caliber employees for all levels of exempt positions. Uses business knowledge to prepare management for long-term staffing needs and subsequent recruiting strategies. Manages selection process to present qualified candidates within the defined service and performance criteria. Leads managers to best final hire decision with feedback based on experienced judgment. Wisely uses the influence and visibility of this position to promote Universal Orlando as an employer of choice internally and externally. Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements along with company policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages responsibility for senior level recruiting searches.
- Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies for specific business unit that attracts and retains highly qualified candidates.
- Ensure strategic use of applicant tracking system.
- Serve as recruiting expert on staffing to hiring managers to educate them on external market variables and influence recruiting strategy.
- Act as functional expert on talent acquisition by building strong relationships with the various departments and hiring managers, ensuring ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process.
- Recognized by client groups as the go to person for expert counsel in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues (internal and external), policies, and processes. Demonstrates flexibility by tailoring recruitment processes and interviewing techniques to the open position and hiring manager. Leads managers to raise standards and the evaluation of candidates. Initiates meetings with departments business objectives, goals, operations and work culture. Follows up with new hires and managers to match expectations for retention purposes and future recruiting needs.
- Plans, develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategy plan based on department needs with special emphasis on a well-qualified and diverse pool of candidates, timeliness, and cost effectiveness. Creates internet and intranet job postings by utilizing departmental input in combination with the current job description of the open position. Assists in writing ads and position postings. Sources resumes through database mining and those received in response to job postings. Screens for qualified candidates. Utilizes staffing systems and processes to track, report, and measure status of each open position and to analyze data on demographics and hiring activity for use in designing recruitment plans. Stays current with recruiting trends and techniques to continuously improve services offered to clients. Practices excellent customer service internally and externally by contacting employee referrals promptly.
- Uses interviewing techniques that identify potential candidates by applying specific behavioral and situational competency-based. Appropriate fit questions. Queries candidates regarding necessary skill requirements. Uses questioning and listening techniques that identify and interpret the candidates needs and potential barriers to meeting organizational requirements. Determines if candidate mates the position profile and company culture. Refers candidates on to the departmental interviews.
- Makes hiring recommendations for the best-qualified candidate and negotiates packages/contracts. Negotiates fair and competitive salary offers using our UO Comp guidelines and by taking collected information into consideration while keeping internal equity in mind.
- Follows up on candidates with investigating references and degree verification. Provides necessary data for new hire paperwork, scheduling new hire orientation and offer letters.
- Maintains in-depth and current knowledge of all HR and its effect on recruiting strategies. Establishes and builds effective relationships with other areas of Human Resources. Such relationships should create a team environment that: 1) ensures smooth transition of candidates to new hire status, 2) increases requests for input on policies which may affect UOs ability to attract quality candidates, and 3) keeps staff informed of internal changes that influence the recruiting process.
SCOPE: Aligns business unit recruiting needs/goals with company-wide human resources mission.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in business. Masters degree MBA is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 7 10 years of recruitment and staffing experience with at least 3 years experience handling exempt roles in areas such as Operations, Food and Beverage, Merchandise, Attractions, and Security.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: PHR
- The ability to work, think and execute strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute successful recruiting strategies.
- Experience creating and implementing recruiting initiatives and special programs
- Passion for recruiting and an understanding of how to differentiate between average and high performers.
- Proven track record of recruiting top talent from high performing companies.
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of recruitment, change management and negotiations. Professional demeanor and strong business acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workload required.
- Sound understanding and use of Applicant Tracking Technologies.
- Must be able to manage within all levels of organization.
- Strong understanding of business and business drivers.
- Strong influencing, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent follow through and detail orientation skills.
- Strong inter-personal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to take the initiative.
- Proficiency in internet recruiting, sourcing strategies, networking and social media.
- Passion for and dedication to improving the candidate experience.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable employment laws, industry practices, and local and industry market conditions.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE