Director, Facility Design - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort for all attractions within a project. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that scope.
- Lead the architectural design of new projects from Blue Sky through Construction Documents. Working closely with the Creative Studio and A&E consultants, lead the facility design effort to ensure creative and technical delivery, operational functionality, and cost effectiveness
- Manages the other facility design managers on the team to ensure all of the facilities are being designed to meet all of the project requirements (aesthetics, technical, budget, schedule and competencies).
- Manages the Architecture and Engineering team, including A&E consultant, during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develops the design strategy to achieve quality deliverables within the schedule and on the budget
- Evaluates requirements for outside design resources, including: preparing requests for proposals, negotiating contracts, and managing the design process. Forecasts resource requirements for each phase of the contract, and develop a corresponding budget. Tracks Architecture and Engineering team expenditures. Prepares weekly progress reports on the status of the project and other outside Architecture and Engineering design efforts
- Monitors construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between construction and drawings and/or design intent.
- Prepares the Architecture and Engineering schedule for facility design.
SCOPE: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort for all attractions within a project. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that scope.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field. Masters degree in Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10-15 Years required Turn-key projects experience, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry. Preferred supervisory and contract/vendor management experience. 15-20 Years required relevant design and construction/project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Licensed Architect preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE