If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Sound Design for Games course provides students with the fundamental tools and techniques required to create and implement sound for video games. Among the topics covered are nonlinear and event-based audio triggering, digital audio processing and manipulation, and synthesis. In addition, students will gain an understanding of game engines and their role in audio implementation. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee associate course directors and lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Bachelors degree in Recording Arts, Audio Engineering, Music Technology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Expertise in sound design for visual and interactive media
- Advanced knowledge of synthesis
- Experience with game audio engines and middleware
- Experience with interactive environments such as Max/MSP or Pd preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a recording studio, project studio, computer lab environment, or live event production facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with students, instructors, and support staff, and interact appropriately with computer systems, and audio, video, and lighting production equipment as necessary. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.