Sr. Representative, Global Mobility
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Representative, Global Mobility is responsible for managing the expatriate assignment to deliver a rewarding experience that is aligned with business objectives and compliant with regulatory requirements. Liaises and advises with HRBP and leadership to identify and plan for assignments. Manages the Team Member and their family through the lifecycle of the assignment, including policy review, pre-assignment preparation, and on assignment support and repatriation. Supports the reporting, communication, analysis, advisement, service coordination, compliance and assignment management. Serves as a day to date point of contact and escalation for mobility vendors, and advises on improvements to process and procedure related to assignment management.
- Understands, analyzes and applies global mobility policies and manages all international assignment activities expatriate Team Members. Conducts pre-assignment briefings, periodic checks, post-arrival briefings, extension and repatriation briefings with expatriating Team Members and their families. Supports Team Members and their families throughout assignments, coordinating on-going service and compliance. Counsels Team Members and dependents on global mobility policies, and proactively finds solutions to mobility issues and policy concerns.
- Coordinates and advises new hires and Team Members to obtain proper immigration/work authorization documents and ensures that these documents remain current and updated. Coordinates immigration medical exams and immunizations as needed. Advises Team Members, human resources and leadership regarding knowledge of immigration law to include strategy related to timing of assignments, and liaises with immigration counsel to evaluate and manage cases. Recommends immigration actions based on historical, situational and educational backgrounds.
- Main point of daily contact and liaison with immigration, tax, benefits and relocation/destination services providers to plan for assignments/transfers/repatriations, manage services during an assignment and ensure service quality is maintained. Resolves service issues as they arise and proactively looks for solutions at the assignment briefing and beyond to ensure all assignment deliverables are met. Reviews and coordinates approval decisions on exception requests. Advice and counsel Team member on final decision.
- Reviews GM Initiation Form for accuracy and engages services for vendors for immigration, tax, benefits and relocation/destination services. Manages payroll transfers and liaises with HR Operations and Payroll. Reviews of Letters of Assignment and presents to Team member for signature. Completes Team Member sign off on all assignment related documents.
- Coordinates and facilitates individual and group communications and meetings. Contributes to the design and maintenance of the GM website. Meets with business, finance and HR business partners to anticipate global mobility support, develop project plans and to provide education on GM processes and frameworks. Works with partners to develop and execute international training programs.
- Mentors Representatives, Global Mobility to develop functional and business knowledge and competencies.
SCOPE: This position will be expected to effectively handle a large volume of non-routine, complex tasks in which general policies need to be applied to frequently changing situations. It may have influence on decisions of a major nature in regards to the global assignments utilized by the company. It will also require a high degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable outcomes and maintain good will amongst assignees, other UPR departments and/or third party service providers. UPR-wide long-term and short-term expatriates will be assigned evenly among the incumbents in this role.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required (Finance, Tax, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field).
- 2-4 years of relevant employee relations, compensation and/or human resource business partner required
- 2-4 years of relevant global mobility, expatriate management or tax preferred
- Previous finance or tax experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in international human resources and/or international payroll issues strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong client service, responsiveness and sense of urgency
- Ability to organize and analyze data, including presentation materials and communications pieces
- Broad base experience working directly with mobility and relocation services
- Broad base knowledge of immigration law
- Broad base knowledge of tax compliance
- Strong communicating, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Financial acumen and analytical skills
- Solid research and problem solving skills
- Strong vendor management
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Results-oriented, pragmatic ability to make the complex understandable
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Global Remuneration or Mobility Certification is preferred.
- Multi-lingual skills related to UPR business is especially useful
- Ability to travel occasionally
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE