Estimator - Ride and Show in Osaka, Japan
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Generate initial ride and show project budget estimates, update estimates during the design phases to ensure the project is tracking on budget. Negotiate the changes to the work during the construction/installation phase, and compile post-mortem cost summaries of the project.
- Generates initial budget estimates for new projects including estimate refinements.
- Develop estimates for all changes to the work during the construction/installation phases
- Update project estimates throughout the design phases including but not limited to blue sky, concept, schematic, design development and construction document phases. Includes working with project teams in various cities and countries.
- Develop and maintain a database of costs comparison for various attractions and non-attraction facilities.
- Creates value engineering components with the project team to mitigate cost overruns. Researches and presents alternate materials or methodology for VE consideration.
- Researches market conditions for cost trends and local means and methods. Develops location cost factors and escalation factors both domestically and internationally.
- Compile overall project summaries on cost at the conclusion of the project.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or technical school required. Bachelors degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or quantity surveying preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years on-site construction and estimating experience on themed entertainment projects, knowledge of show and ride estimating and facility impacts required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE