Metal Fabrication Manufacturer is seeking a Punch Operator.
Will operate computer controlled punch machine to produce blanks for additional manufacturing operations or sold as is as finished flat parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Read production paperwork to determine specified requirements to manufacture.
• Check parts utilizing calipers, micrometers and height gages.
• Load correct program into control to run correct parts and quantities.
• Measure parts effectively to guarantee conformity to print specifications.
• Determine if material supplied meets production requirements.
• Remove cut pieces from sheet and examines for defects associated with punching including edge quality and surface nonconformities including scratches.
• Perform basic setups involving prewritten programs.
• Read blueprints to determine characteristics required to monitor.
• Is able to correctly fill out tags associated with production to identify parts produced (Nonconforming Material Reporting - NCMR).
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
• Safety glasses must be worn in all manufacturing areas
• Hearing protection must be worn in all areas posted
• Gloves are to be worn when handling parts.
Salary: $12.00-$20.00 (based on experience)
Shift: 1st 6:00am-2:30pm / 2nd 2:00pm-10:30pm / 3rd 10:00pm-6:30am (will train on 1st 6:00-2:30)
Term: Fulltime to Hire
Apply for Punch Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly