EHS - Specialist, Construction
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for reviewing scopes of work, contracts, blueprints, drawings, project submittals, and other related documents for accuracy and compliance with regulation, Universal Parks & Resorts, and/or corporate EHS policies and standards. Partner with departments (Legal, Finance, Universal Creative, Planned Work, etc.) Maintains Universal Orlando Contractor Safety database.
- Coordinate, compile, and maintain a current a list of documented comments from reviews of project drawings packages and submittals by EHS subject matter experts through all phases of a project. Communicate EHS and regulatory expectations to the responsible individuals in a timely manner. Attend design progress review meetings, as needed.
- Partner with Legal, Universal Creative, Finance, Entertainment, Tech Services, IT, and other departments to evaluate and analyze scopes of work, contracts, and/or related documents for EHS Contractor risks in accordance with EHS Contractor Safety Program. Develop and maintain an inventory of standardized EHS contract language in line with UPR EHS written programs.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings, communicating UPR EHS Contractor Safety expectations to contractors and Project Team. Conduct UPR Contractor Orientation for new contractors in alignment with written program.
- Facilitate and maintain effective communication mechanisms between contractor/vendors, project management teams, and EHS business lines throughout the project phase regarding EHS hazard identification, project submittals, plans, change management to facilitate compliance with regulations and EHS policies and procedures, and participation in project meetings.
- Maintain accuracy of all EHS and Universal Parks & Resorts Contractor Safety document management systems to include hard copy files, digital files, and document retention in accordance with UPR policy and regulatory document review. Maintain UPR EHS Contractor Safety Database in accordance with UPR written program.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in safety and/or environmental field
EXPERIENCE: 3 5 years in industrial and/or construction consulting role; or equivalent combination and experience. Experience with plans review and regulatory interpretations. Experience with international codes and/or GB references
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE