Associate Project Engineer, Facility (Resort Development) - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Project Engineer, Facility is responsible for supporting the team and expediting the review and the response for Requests for Information (RFI), Shop Drawings and Submittals and the maintenance of as-built information. Aids the Superintendent, Project Engineer, and Field Engineer with contractor supervision. Coordinates with Architects and Engineers on all the Ride/Show and/or Foods/Merchandise Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) inputs for the facility. Maintains all Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) documentation. Monitors the quality of construction demanding a high level of quality and weekly inspects the project for quality and scope compliance. Coordinates inspections with the authority having jurisdiction and the contractor. Also periodically audits the contractors field documents for inclusion of latest documents.
- Assist Project Manager with the tracking and receipt of approved submittals from Architect/Engineer and/or Universals Creative team, and notifying the same if their review and approval has potential schedule impact. Keep submittals on time to work with the projects schedule.
- Assists Project Manager with preparation, review and processing of RFIs. Accountable for tracking and receiving response in required time frame. Maintain logs as required. Keep the RFIs on time to work with projects schedule.
- Assist Project Superintendent with preparation of complete, accurate and timely punch list logs for construction projects based on the project drawings and specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with the preparation and tracking of all correspondence with Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Suppliers, etc.
- During construction phase, works with the Project Superintendent to proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety. Utilizes and maintains schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
- Assists Project Manager with the evaluation of the productivity, costs, quality control, document management and processing of applications for payment. Notify management of any issue that affects quality, budget progress and safety.
- Assist Project Manager with directives to contractors/vendors including drawings, specifications, and general conditions. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents. Assist Project Engineer/Project Manager by reviewing all necessary back up relating to change requests and proposing a settlement value.
- Responsible for timely tracking receipt and completion of all required project and close-out documents per contract.
- Schedules all required construction meetings with required personnel including contractors, architects and owners
- Submits building permit applications, follow up on review progress and tracks until approved.
SCOPE: Provides project engineering support and coordination between Universals Architects and Engineers and the Facility Contractors/Vendors, in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Associate Project Engineer must possess and exercise Commitment, Initiative, and Teamwork in the execution of their duties. While working closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, and Superintendent the Associate Project Engineer acts as liaison between the owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors and the project team using good communication skills to assist in the processing of administrative work including RFIs, submittals, shop drawings, claims, and change orders. The Associate Project Engineer will also be responsible for meeting minutes and assisting with scheduling.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architectural required.
- Minimum 1 2 years general construction related experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as Vendors and Contractors
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project software and Meridian Pro-Log management systems
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct
- Knowledge of project management software; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE