Manager, Technical Entertainment (based at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka)
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universals theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave bringing together popular cultures most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the worlds most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the technical aspects of all entertainment venues within an assigned park or event productions, to ensure show quality and a positive guest experience.
- Responsible for managing the day to day technical operation and quality assurance of all entertainment venues within the assigned park including the management of all employees in each technical entertainment discipline. This includes, but is not limited to, rigging, staging, lighting, audio, scenic, FX, pyro.
- Responsible for effectively communicating necessary information which pertains to the entertainment operation of the assigned park to necessary parties outside the Entertainment Department as well as upper management and employees within the Entertainment Department.
- Responsible for the appropriate technical staffing of all entertainment venues within the assigned park including interviewing and selecting candidates as well as monitoring all scheduling to ensure proper technical operation.
- Works in conjunction with the Director and Assistant Director of Entertainment in developing and implementing the strategic plan for the enhancement and improvement of all entertainment venues within the assigned park. This also includes Special Events such as Mardi Gras, Halloween Horror Nights, Grinchmas, etc.
- Provides guidance and support to Entertainment Supervisors within the assigned park both with operational and employee relations issues. Ensures that all Technical Entertainment employees within the assigned park attend all necessary mandatory training classes as well as plays an instrumental role in encouraging employees to take advantage of educational opportunities which will enhance and improve their job performance.
EDUCATION: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required. Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience within the professional entertainment or theme park industry required.
- 5-7 years in management or supervisory position preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical management and experience in live performance, entertainment, touring productions, business and theatre. Also temporary and permanent audio, lighting, A/V and special effect installations. Scenic, props and rigging experience preferred.
- Ability to speak Mandarin and English is preferred.
- This position will be an expatriate position based at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE