This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of permanent and traveling exhibits and related exhibit support equipment, interfacing with the exhibits team and with facilities department as needed. A primary responsibility for this position focuses on minor exhibit repair, preventative maintenance and accurate troubleshooting.
Essential Job Functions:
* Troubleshoot and repair DC circuits
* Have working Knowledge of motors, bearings, motor controllers
* Troubleshoot variety of computer operation systems including
Windows, Linux and Mac
* Set up and maintain A/V systems, projectors, mixers and speakers
* Operate multimeter, soldering iron, wire strippers and crimpers
and a variety of typical hand and small power tools.
* Light carpentry including woodworking, laminate, drilling,
threading, and typical hardware installation.
* Sanding, painting and sealing a variety of materials.
* General cleaning, dusting, and organizing exhibit components,
galleries and shops.
Qualifications and Education Requirements High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum three years of relevant experience.
Ability to operate scissor and one man lift.
Good communication -written and oral
Dependable, reliable; able to work with minimal supervision
* Able to lift, push and/or pull 50 lbs
* Able to climb ladders and work from genie and scissors lifts at
* Able to walk for extended periods of time