In a report out today, OrlandoJobs.com projects 2015 to be the best hiring year ever, with a forecast of more than 23,454 jobs. For the seventh consecutive year, the OrlandoJobs.com Employment Outlook shines a light on the state of Central Florida’s hiring market. The 2015 Outlook is based on phone surveys with 93 employers that represent 125,611 employees.
Key findings include:
- More than 9,431 Central Florida jobs currently open.
- More than 23,454 jobs forecasted to be added in the remaining three quarters of 2015.
- 42% of surveyed companies indicated that hiring would be better in 2015 when compared to 2014.
- 96.7% of companies plan on hiring at least one person in 2015.
- 17% of companies are planning on hiring 200 or more employees.
- Employers have experienced many hiring challenges in 2015. Number one on the list: the overwhelming number of unqualified candidates applying to open positions. This is the #1 challenge for Central Florida employers for the seventh straight year.
- The Hospitality and Leisure Industry is the true job creation leader for Central Florida, with record numbers this year. The other top sectors leading the way in Central Florida are Healthcare, Professional and Business Services, Financial Services, Construction and Technology.
In addition to projecting a record year for 2014, a year-to-year comparison shows that actual hiring in 2014 was 276% greater than the hiring projected in last year’s survey.
“All signs point to 2015 being the best hiring year ever in Central Florida, and it’s hard to believe that just four years ago employers were unsure what the future held for their company,” states Roger Lear, President and CEO of OrlandoJobs.com. “One very positive indicator is the quit factor increasing; more people are quitting to take other jobs, and that’s a sign of healthy hiring.”
Click here to read the 2015 Employment Outlook in its entirety.