Planet Hollywood to Hire 500 Employees
Photo courtesy of planethollywoodintl.com
As Disney Springs continues to develop, Planet Hollywood is the latest restaurant to go through extensive renovations. The eatery closed last year to undergo an extensive refurbishment and is now ready to reopen and show off its transformation in the fall. To gear up for the opening, the restaurant is hiring 500 part-time and full-time employees. Available positions include cooks, servers, hosts and more.
The Rejuvenated Planet Hollywood
The updated restaurant will feature rare Hollywood and music memorabilia, a 4,500 square foot video wall, a nightly DJ playing Top 40 and classic favorites and an outdoor patio with live entertainment. Celebrity chef Guy Fieri designed a new menu for the venue, creating exclusive entrees for customers.
The new restaurant will serve as Planet Hollywood’s flagship location, acting as a showcase for the brand. The new design fits into Disney Spring’s new look and feel and the patio overlooks Disney Springs’ Town Center.
Planet Hollywood is hiring rapidly, filling positions at every level of the restaurant. Some of the openings include:
- Merchandise Supervisor: The merchandise supervisor is responsible for the operations of the restaurant store and supervision of staff. To succeed, you must have excellent customer service skills, have a strict attention to detail to manage accounts and inventory and anticipate consumer demand. It’s a fast-paced environment, so you must be able to handle pressure and stressful situations.
- Bartender: Bartenders are required to have two to four years of experience and be able to mix a wide range of drinks, including Planet Hollywood exclusives. In addition to preparing beverages and managing the register, bartenders are expected to observe customers and ask disruptive customers to leave. Excellent communication skills are essential for your success in this role.
- Host: The host is often the first person customers meet at the restaurant, so a polished and friendly demeanor is critical. Responsible for the flow of guests in the restaurant, the host is responsible for creating a strong first impression. While experience is not necessary, customer service skills and the ability to work under pressure are important prerequisites.
- Line Cook: Planet Hollywood is proud of its new menu, so its culinary staff is expected to achieve high standards. The line cook will prepare and season foods according to set recipes and complete the presentation of dishes. Kitchen experience is required, along with food safety certifications.
- Manager: A salaried position, the manager role is responsible for overseeing the restaurant’s operations, customer satisfaction and overall profitability. Previous experience in a high-volume venue is required.
The restaurant is expected to open soon, so these positions are expected to fill quickly. If you are interested in one of these roles and fulfill the requirements, you can apply online. To view available roles and submit your information, visit the Planet Hollywood career website.