Facilities - Scenic Painter
- Full Time
Have an artistic touch? We work hard to ensure that every area of our resort looks just right, and we are looking for Scenic Painters to make sure our guests feel like they've just set foot inside the pages of a comic book or onto the set of their favorite movie. Problem solving, superior painting skills, attention to detail, and possessing the ability to use good judgment under pressure are just some of the key attributes we are looking for in a Scenic Painter.
Scenic Painters at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Gathering and preparing necessary information, tools and items needed to complete assigned painting task.
- Painting faux finishes such as wood graining, marbleizing, aging, sponging, and rag rolling.
- Picking colors and mixing paint while using color matching for desired assignment.
- Creating, maintaining and using painting documentation.
- Drawing, layout, and painting of backdrops and murals with either brush or airbrush.
- Airbrushing 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields and props.
- Prepping surface to be painted which consists of cleaning, scraping, and caulking.
- Cleaning paint area by picking up used tarps, scraping, removing tape, cleaning used brushes, cleaning spills, resealing paint cans, and cleaning paint buckets.
- Storing equipment and tools in designated storage area.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Scenic Painter successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Visual Arts, specializing in painting, drawing, or sculpture preferred.
- Three years minimum experience. 5 years minimum experience providing work direction preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- Valid Florida Driver's License is required to operate company vehicles.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Scenic Painter job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to lift greater than 15 pounds or more.
- The individual is required to repeat motions several times per hour and work with vibrating equipment.
- Be able to work at heights greater than 4 feet.
- The individual must be able to weld, cut, braze and work with open flame and compressed gases.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Scenic Painter job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is exposed to chemicals and/or related fumes.
- The individual is exposed to bodily fluids and be able to transports hazardous waste.
- The individual must be able to work with waste paints, solvents, oils, fuels, waster batteries, and aerosols (spray paints and brake cleaner).
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2013 Universal Studios. © 2013 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE