The Collector is responsible for performing collection activities associated with various delinquent member accounts, including Visa credit and debit cards, lines of credit, auto loan and other types of secured loans, signature loans, real estate loans, and home equity lines of credit. Reviews delinquent accounts, determines probable reasons for account status, and contacts members to resolve the delinquencies. Utilizes various techniques, as circumstances indicate, to promptly collect on delinquent accounts.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• 3 years' previous collections experience with a full service financial institution.
• Credit Union experience a plus!
• Knowledge of collection procedures and related laws and regulations.
• Familiar with default and enforcement clauses.
• Familiar with deposit programs, account ownership, and casualty insurance.
• Basic understanding of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
• Understanding of Small Claims Court system.
• Excellent communication, telephone, and public relations skills.
• Accuracy and thoroughness of work.
• Ability to work independently.
McCoy Federal Credit Union https://mccoyfcu.hirecentric.com