- Career Level
- Entry Level
TBI Airport Management, Inc.
Reporting to: Supervisor, Ramp
Location: Orlando Sanford International Airport
Ramp agents load and unload baggage, direct all departing and arriving aircraft, operate ground equipment and vehicles, service the aircraft, communicate with flight deck and fellow workers, all while maintaining safety and security of the ramp.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Operate equipment to move baggage to and from aircraft
- Marshal aircraft in and out of the gate area.
- Service aircrafts and ground equipment as needed
- Load and unload customer luggage on and off aircraft
- Maintain safety and security on the ramp
- Communicate efficiently with ground personnel and flight crews
- Practice all safety policies and procedures
- Comply with all security and policy requirements of air carriers
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure on time performance of flights
- Other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Take all reasonable and necessary precautions to ensure personal health and safety, as well as that of co-workers and any other person(s)
- Report immediately to management, all unsafe and unhealthy conditions
- Report immediately to management, all occurrences that cause injury or damage to any person or property
- Comply with TBI’s Environmental Safety and Health program and procedures
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent in experience
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Pass a required pre-employment drug screen and 10 year background check
- Must complete paperwork accurately and have basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
- Present a neat professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be punctual, dependable and have a flexible schedule
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time throughout the course of daily activities. The employee is occasionally required to climb, lift, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is required to work on a computer, in addition to doing paper work.
Position involves encounters with members at every level of the organization, airline employees, vendors, subcontractors and members of the public, and requires a sense of responsibility to provide a high level of service and accurate information. The position involves stress associated with responding to/solving problems. The position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment, as well as a creative approach to formulating responses and making recommendations regarding changes in company policy and/or procedures, as required. Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position requires a professional approach and demeanour under all conditions.
Normal Working Hours:
The normal working hours will vary.